Monday, September 24, 2007

42 Redeemed!!

The Lord Jesus did an amazing thing yesterday at CrossPoint. During our third worship celebration more than 650 people watched in wonder as 42 redeemed students followed through with the biblical command to be baptized.

We had enough seats for 605 worshippers. Within minutes of the worship encounter beginning we were adding chairs to the worship center. Several students were sitting on the floor near the front of the room. People were standing in the back doorway entrances. It was an incredible sight.

I attended two PROJECT ONE Fellowships last night, and the center of everyone’s conversation were the 42 baptisms.

I was particularly impressed with two elements associated with the baptisms. First, I was impressed with the confessions of faith our students made. I know Jason and his team of counselors worked overtime counseling each student. I think the counseling combined with the commitment our students made showed as they professed why they were coming to be baptized. Another impression from the day came from the great number of guest attending. I estimate that 50% of our worship crowd included guests. It was significant watching each family gather around the baptistery to watch the baptism of their child. I am so glad we started that tradition.

Speaking of starting traditions, I think we are going to use the REDEEMED t-shirts as our normal mode of operations when it comes to baptism from now on. I really liked the message. Plus I think the person being baptized in the shirt can wear it from then on as a symbol of their faith and as a tool of witnessing. (I wonder how many students are wearing their REDEEMED t-shirt today at school!).

Wow, what a day. I cannot find the words adequate enough to describe it for the rest of you who were not there. For those who were there, I would like to hear your thoughts.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! what an amazing Sunday...having four of my precious children baptized all together was undescribable. Someone asked me how I kept my composure during their baptism..i told them there is no crying anymore over there eternal home!! I could feel myself smiling from ear to ear!! I know there will be trials and tribulations in their life to cry over but yesterday wasnt one of those times...WHAT A CELEBRATION!! They are truly REDEEMED!!

Debbie Burdette

Anonymous said...

Amen, and amen! I rejoice with you.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing day! Not only was I able to witness 4 of my brothers being baptized, I was able to witness many of their friends that we have known for years be baptized also. It is so awesome to see the transformation that has taken place in their lives. They are truly Warriors for Christ. I am looking forward to watching them grow in their faith and the influence they will have in our children's lives as they get older.

Anonymous said...

Actually words cannot describe the Service Sunday. Accept AWESOME! WOW! It is a GOD Thing. It will be interesting to watch these young adults. We will definitely have to be there for them and prayer for them constantly.
It is a GOD Thing that is going on at Crosspoint with the youth. Actually the whole Church.
I am so Thankful everyday that we belong to a choice church!
Just One More is what it is all about!!!

Anonymous said...

what an incredible day! what God has been doing in this studnt minister is amazing! they are leading and growing crosspoint! with the numbers and momentum they have had for the last year, why have we not hired another staff person (like a middle school pastor)to help out? this is where God is working!