Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Salt Out of the Box

I want to take a moment to apologize for not keeping my blog up-to-date during the last few weeks. My excuses continue to fall under the category of extreme busyness. It is not a bad busyness, however. It is all good. However, it is bad in that it has limited me spending time in front of my computer writing for you and to you. I enjoy writing these blogs.

Part of the busyness is due to CrossPoint’s staff recently moving into the new office suite. We moved our “stuff” in here last week. This week we are trying to find a way to organize it. Since my office is not yet complete, it is hard for me to get situated. Yet I can already tell I am going to love working in this environment.

The office suite is huge! And, for the first time, your staff members are together in one location. That is a major blessing.

Speaking of major blessings, didn’t Walter and Judy Johnson do a great job welcoming CrossPoint to worship Sunday morning? In addition to their welcome to worshipers, wasn’t the worship incredible? If you thought last Sunday was over the top, just watch what happens next weekend when we participate in the Lord’s Supper. Then there is Sunday, November 18. CrossPoint are you ready to worship in ONE ROOM at ONE TIME during ONE BIG WORSHIP as ONE CHURCH. Get prayed up folks, because I plan to preach you up.

One more thing, and then I am done.

Let’s go back to what Judy Johnson said Sunday morning about being salt and the way she CONNECTED it to our process. Her thought was a great word picture.
We are MADE INTO SALT when we CONNECT WITH GOD.
We are SALT IN A BOX when we CONNECT WITH GOD’S PEOPLE.
We are SALT OUT OF THE BOX when we CONNECT WITH GOD’S PLAN.
As the greatest saxophonist in the world, Mark Dunn, would say, “That is huge!”

Let me express many thanks to Walter and Judy for the welcome to worship last weekend. We give thanks today for our new offices. Moreover, thanks be to God for what He is doing in, with, for and through CrossPoint.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with what the Johnson's said Sunday it was "HUGE"!
Especially when Judy has said things that kinda stick with you for a long time.
Like when she said God is our "ATM". We have easy access to him all the time. An I believe that is true.
The Johnson's are awesome people.
Great example for God's Kingdom!
We are Blessed to have people like the Johnson's at this Choice Church!
AMEN!!!!!

fason is a dork. said...

I wasn't aware that Mark had received such an illustrious title. Maybe we should give him an award ceremony or something...

John Piper's study and the Holy Spirit have been working over my brain like Rocky Balboa on a side of beef. And the Johnson's really nailed it on the box of salt analogy. The purpose of this life is not to see who can get all the best toys and houses and cars or to see who has the best job or anything that has "I" or "me" acquainted with it. We all struggle in our daily lives and occasionally in our walk as we try to determine what we're here for. What is our purpose? Why did God create me? Why the struggle? The struggle is FOR the glory of God. The purpose IS God's Glory. 1 Corinthians 10:31 is a verse to live by and to act by and to act ON. Every day. And it's not easy.