Thursday, May 31, 2007

Wow, What a Night!

If you were among those who participated in WOW last night at CrossPoint you were blessed, weren’t you? For those of you who did not take part, you missed an incredible experience. It was a special evening!
We ordained Bryan Haskins to the Gospel Ministry, and it was, indeed, a very special occasion. Bryan’s mother, sister, aunts, uncles, cousins and friends were present. He even had a dear friend drive in from Memphis, only to turn around and drive back late last night. He also had an uncle and aunt from Montgomery drive to Birmingham for the event.

On Tuesday several of the ordained men of CrossPoint met with Bryan for an ordination council. The meeting was sacred, to say the least. As the Deacon Selection Team Leader, Tim Tidwell, commented, “It was a God moment.” Last night was more of the same; it was a carry over from Tuesday night.

Watching Bryan and his band, Third Floor, lead us in worship was a keynote moment for me. Those guys are extremely talented, and they used their talent for God’s glory. What made the worship even more meaningful was witnessing how Bryan followed the leadership of the Holy Spirit. That was a direct answer to something I prayed earlier in my morning quiet time.

Bryan and I have a tremendous working relationship. We meet every Monday to plan, pray and prepare for worship. He and I believe it is important for us to become a team not only in worship but also in planning worship.

I know this is going to come as a real shocker, but there are times I will change things in between worship celebrations or even in the middle of worship. As a result of making too many changes recently, the Lord revealed to me how I may be dictating the course of worship more than allowing the Holy Spirit to do so. Thus, in order to get out of the way, I have started praying that Bryan would follow the Holy Spirit rather than me. Last night was a marquee moment in Bryan following God’s Holy Spirit. You could see God working in Him and through Him from the beginning of worship until the end. It was amazing.

Of course, Bryan’s testimony and the laying on of hands were both special. And, I must not forget the great fellowship so many of us enjoyed during the outdoor reception. Everything about last night was good, wasn’t it?

I would be curious to hear your comments about the evening. What did you gain from being there and from participating in worship? Let me know what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
WOW was a very worshipful experience last night and I truly felt the presence of the Lord. Thank you and all the staff for allowing the Lord to lead the service. Afterward, during the reception for Bryan, I was able to talk with one of his friends who really loved our church and said he felt that this was what church is supposed to be like. I agreed whole heartedly and I see this every Sunday. God is working like I have never seen Him work in a church and it is EXCITING! What a blessing to be a part of what God is doing.
Roxie