Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Denny Burk and 99 Balloons

I would like to introduce to you a scholastic blogger and his thought-provoking blog.


As you visit Denny Burk’s blog I would like for you to remember three things.




First, take a moment to check out one of last weeks blog entries titled Eliot and and then watch the video entitled 99 Balloons. Prepare yourself. You are going to cry. You are going to weep. Just to be flat honest, I lost it when I viewed the video.

Next, as you read the blog, please DO NOT compare Denny Burk’s entries to mine. Denny’s blog is profound, insightful and scholastic. On the other hand mine is simple, childlike and boring.


Finally, link Denny Burk to your favorite file.


In closing, please let me know what you think of the 99 Balloons video.

4 comments:

mandi said...

Wow! What a moving video. It made me want to go home and pull mu babies as close to me as I possibly could. But then, I realized just how selfish that was of me after viewing that unselfish family's story! God has been so gracious to allow any of us with children to have them. I know that I am only a temporary parent and fail miserably at that some of the time (a lot of the time), but thanks be to God that He is their forever parent who won't screw it up!
Thanks for sharing this with us- it was a wake up call to be thankful for every precious moment and to find God in every moment.
BTW- I liked Denny's blog, but not half as much as I like reading about what God is doing at Crosspoint!

Anonymous said...

Mandi, part of parenting is realizing what you already know--our children are gifts from God, and pointing our children to live for our Christ is our response to God's gift.

I think 99 balloons is a must see video for every parent.

Anonymous said...

Well Mandi pretty much summed it up!! It truly was a heart wrenching video, but it also reminds us to be thankful for the precious moments we are allowed to parent our children. Never waste one because they fly away so quickly!!

As to the blog, I too prefer yours. CrossPoint is where my heart is! Scholastic, schmolastic! ;oD
Lisa Blakesley

Rebecca said...

After watching this amazing video, I feel completly ashamed. I take for granite dailey the fact that have been blessed with two healthy boys.Even working in the medical feild and seeing children everyday with illness and disease, I do not take the time that I should every day to thank God for what he has blessed me with. I get so tied up in asking God for help when things are not going just right in my life, that I forget to also praise Him for the great and wonderful things in my life that are because of Him.Thanks Ryan for sharing this with us!