Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Welcome Beth Howe

Sunday was an incredible day for the CrossPoint. Adding Beth Howe to our staff as our first full time Children’s Minister was the obvious highlight of the day.

I like Beth for several reasons.

She has already developed CHEMISTRY with our staff. During an informal meal Saturday night some of the staff started chiding her. I am proud to say Beth held her ground by responding accordingly. I like her spunk.

She is COMPETENT. Beth has what we need to lead our Children’s Ministry. She’s educated. She’s talented. She’s a continuous learner. And she is willing.

She is CREATIVE. Last summer Beth wrote a series of children’s Bible studies based on some Dr. Seuss books. Something tells me she will introduce that series to our children this summer.

She has CHARACTER. During the Personnel Team’s search and interview process with Beth, she informed us of her pregnancy. She did so, just in case that presented a problem with us calling her to our staff. I believe that reveals her level of integrity.

Beth plans to start work by Tuesday, March 27. Please continue to pray for Beth, Jonathan and Ethan as they prepare to move to Birmingham. I look forward to welcoming her to CrossPoint. As with our other staff additions, I believe Beth will be a tremendous asset to God’s church known as CrossPoint.

No comments: