Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What a Sweet Night

I left the office late Monday evening. I slipped out one of the side exits so as not to interrupt one of the sweetest nights of the year for our church. Monday night was the celebration of the “Daddy Daughter Date Night.” This is the once-a-year party we celebrate for the fathers and daughters (or granddaughters) for Valentines Day.

I was informed that we had more than 150 fathers and daughters participating. A few of them slipped into my office to say hello. The girls were so beautiful in their outfits. I even saw a few running through the building early that afternoon wearing curlers in their hair. When I inquired about her hair, she promptly said, “My daddy and I have a date tonight.”

That’s good stuff, isn’t it?


Speaking of Good Stuff
How many of you saw this article in USA Today two days after Tony Dungy’s Indianapolis Colts won the Super Bowl? Better yet, how many of you saw the accompanying photo?


(Click on the photo above for the complete article)


I just cannot find enough words of praise for this man. He is apparently the real deal. I believe Lovie Smith of the Chicago Bears is the real deal as well.

As I have tried in the past with other high profile believers, I am currently trying to contact Coach Dungy’s assistant or agent to secure him for a speaking engagement at CrossPoint. You will not know if you can have someone like that in your church until you try.

3 comments:

JenB said...

In regards to the Daddy/Daughter date night...Megan and her Dad had been looking forward to it for so long. This was their first time to attend. When they got home Monday evening, I asked Megan how she liked going on a date with Daddy...she told me "I like that better than Chuck E. Cheese". You know it's a great night, when not even Chuck E. Cheese can compare!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ryan- you think that was neat, you should have been on stage with us watching all those dads trying to keep up with the daughters dancing! Great night and a lot of fun for us to participate in!

Anonymous said...

Jenny & Anonymous, my only regret about the DDDN is that my daughter is too old to participate. However, all is not in vain. Kelsey's Valentine for me was a date and a movie. So, we still get to date periodically.