Monday, January 08, 2007

You Go Noah!

Are you reading through your Bible? I am, and I am enjoying it more than I ever have before. I love reading a different portion of Scripture each day. I call this particular reading plan “going through the Bible as we go through the Bible.”

Did you notice the short sentences of obedience provided in today’s reading from Genesis 4 -7? Go back and look at these sentences:

At that time people began to call upon the name of the Lord.
Genesis 4:26b

But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.
Genesis 5:8

Noah did this; he did all that God commanded him.
Genesis 6:22

And Noah did all that the Lord had commanded him.
Genesis 7:5


Do you know what I learn from these sentences? I learn that nothing can take the place of obedience.

Keep reading!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We also teach the children that "delayed obedience is disobedience." You either act on it or you don't. We get into trouble trying to reason things out in our own mind instead of just being obedient. Disobedience has a consequence. I don't like the consequences. Gay