Monday, December 18, 2006

A Christmas Prayer

What can I say about last night? It was a truly worshipful experience. If you were part of the standing-room-only crowd, you know what I am talking about. Steve Parr and I are already thinking about offering a matinee next year to accommodate the crowd.

I am so proud of Bryan Haskins, our children’s choir, adult choir, orchestra and media team. I commend everyone for making the evening a time of true worship.

Just think, last August CrossPoint officially formed its first ever choir. And last night that choir communicated the birth account of Christ through a powerful demonstration of worship.

I know I am prejudiced when I say this, but I think I would rather hear our choir sing than any other choir. When Bryan and his choir lead in worship I am always conscious of the presence of God.

Wow, we should be thankful. Again, last night was tremendous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night was GREAT! I do think we need to schedule a Sunday night singfest for sometime in the future with Bryan and his family(sister and mother) and his friend Daniel from last week. What a night of worship that would be! Gay

Anonymous said...

Believe me when I say that the words I sang over and over (and over...) in rehearsals had a very different meaning to me last night. The narration even took on a whole new meaning. We as a choir were ministered to as well. We are so blessed to have a God who can stir hearts even when we think we have heard it all. That's also why I am constantly amazed at how He speaks through scripture that I have read a hundred times.
There was truly a sweet spirit in the room last night. I thank God every day for the leaders He has brought to Crosspoint. Merry Christmas,
Mandi

Anonymous said...

I hope the congregation was half as blessed with last night as those of us involed. It's been a long time coming, but WOW was it worth the wait!

To God Be The Glory!

Matt