Thursday, October 12, 2006

Systematic Bible Reading Plan

For those of you reading with me through the New Testament this year, you have noticed an error in our reading plan. The error can be corrected if you just look ahead a few days. There seems to be some inconsistencies between the conclusion of Hebrews and the opening to Titus and then through Timothy. If I can figure it out, I know you can.

Speaking of the Bible reading plan, I have had several of you ask whether or not we plan to provide another plan for 2007. The answer to that question is yes, most definitely.

Before too long I will be leaving town to spend a few days alone with the Lord. I try to do this at least once a year. While away I work on my message plan for the coming year. Additionally, I spend time praying about the future of CrossPoint. I also work on some of the individual spiritual development plan for the coming year. Part of that development plan includes how we read and study the Scripture.

While adjusting my Bible reading plan this morning, I decided to forge ahead a few days. I usually read a day or two ahead just to be open to whatever God desires to say to us next. While reading First Timothy 1 & 2 this morning, I was particularly drawn to the following paragraph:

I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service. Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
1 Timothy 1:12-14


I agree with Paul; the grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. I am so blessed. You are so blessed. We are so blessed.

As I continued reading, I was inspired once again by the Word of God, when Paul recorded:

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners — of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1 Timothy 1:15-17

No comments: