Monday, August 28, 2006

Worship Is...

This Monday morning email best describes what happened yesterday at CrossPoint. The CrossPointer wrote,

“Yesterday was absolutely off the hook!!! Yeah God!!”

I concur. Yesterday was an incredible day of worship in all three worship celebrations.

We must remember…
Worship is not something we observe; it is something we contribute.
Worship is not something we watch; it is something we do.
Worship is not something we scrutinize; it is something we execute.
Worship is not something we survey; it is something we implement.


Tiger Did It Again
Did any of you watch Tiger Woods win his fourth golf tournament in a row yesterday? The man is a machine. Ten years to the day after he turned pro, Tiger took the lead, gave it up, fought back to tie, and then defeated Stewart Cink in a four-hole playoff to win the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational. Tiger admitted to waffling some on Saturday, after scoring four bogeys in a row on the front nine. After his third round Tiger said, “My body took me out of the game, but my mind kept me in it.” Wow, what a mind. If there can be such a thing, the man is an intimidator on the golf course.

WHO do you want to be?
During our weekly lunch last week Taylor and I talked more about college. We discussed his top three choices, a possible major and the subsequent career choices that would ensue. By the end of the meal I suggested to Taylor that his mother and I were more interested in WHO he would become rather than WHAT he would become. I think his light came on when I asked, “Taylor, WHO do you want to be in 10 years?”

Parents often ask their children, “WHAT do you want to be when you grow up?” I think the healthier question is, “WHO do you want to be when you grow up?”

And finally…
While working through my journal this weekend I ran across this great quote from G. K. Chesterton:
“Humility makes us small and that means everything around
me becomes large and astounding and magnificent.”

No comments: