Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Please Pray for These Families

Part of pastoring a church includes mourning with those who mourn and rejoicing with those who rejoice. Today I am mourning.

I am mourning with Walt & Breezy Miller from Enterprise, AL. The Lord introduced Walt & Breezy to CrossPoint two weeks ago through the Campers on Mission who helped us with Phase II.

Last Friday they received tragic news that their daughter, son-in-law and two grandchildren were killed instantly in an auto accident. I spoke with Walt & Breezy this morning. I cried with them over the phone. Walt & Breezy are people of strong faith. Please continue to pray for them. There is no way any of us can identify with the sorrow they are experiencing. All we can do is love them and pray for them. The funeral will be this Friday, June 23 in Enterprise.

After calling the Millers, I called Carrie Howell in Cleveland, MS. She is Chris Howell’s wife. Chris serves as our Adult Education Minister. Carrie’s mother is in the final stages of fighting cancer. Carrie believes the Lord is using these last few lingering days of her mother’s life to afford her family time to prepare for her death and to be of support for her father. Please pray for the Lord to show His mercy soon, if not today.

While praying with both families this morning I was reminded of Psalm 91:1-2:


He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High,
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge
and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”


Please pray for these families today. Thank you.

No comments: