Monday, May 08, 2006

The Power of God's Word

After worshipping and praying through the two aforementioned songs, I cracked open my Bible to hear a word from the Lord. James, chapter 3 is our New Testament reading for today, May 8.

James 3:1 teaches,

Not many of you should presume to be teachers, my brothers, because we know that we who teach will be judged more strictly. (NIV)

That opening sentence was like a cold dose of reality. It was exactly what I needed to start my day. I have the huge responsibility of being the lead teacher, preacher and theologian for CrossPoint. That is why I take my job so seriously. For the many others who teach (and even preach) at CrossPoint, I suggest you take your job just as seriously. We were given this stark reminder today—we will be judged more strictly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ryan,

I am so blessed that my Pastor leads by being convicted and compelled to seek after God in such a way that it compells and convicts me to do likewise.

Thank you!!

Tim Tidwell

Anonymous said...

Thank you for taking your responsibility as the leader at Cross Point so seriously . We all need to take that attitude towards our work ( at church ,home and our employment ) . A bumper sticker I read several months ago has stuck in my mind . "Each man shall give an account " . When I start to judge someone else I remember those words . I am responsible for my actions alone .I ask for forgiveness on a daily basis because I do not want anything between us .RESPONSIBILITY not a popular in todays world but needed . Thanks ! Your in our prayers .