Monday, November 19, 2007

ONE BIG WORSHIP Experiment

I have an experiment I want to conduct in today’s blog. Your participation is greatly needed and appreciated to make this experiment work.

If you could only use one word, what word would you use to describe the ONE BIG WORSHIP we had yesterday at CrossPoint? Respond now. Give me a comment. Provide your word, and then tell me why you used that word.

My word for any move of God is WOW. I guess that shows how limited my vocabulary is, doesn’t it, if that is the only word I can think of to describe worship.

My brother, Rhett, used a great word to describe not only the ONE BIG WORSHIP, but also CrossPoint. He used the word GRACE. Rhett said CrossPoint is a grace-church. He said he could sense God’s grace when he walked into the room. He said he heard about God’s grace in our music and in my message. He said he saw people of grace serving God at the end of worship by carrying their chair back to the worship center. I like that description, don’t you? Grace would be a good word to describe the day we had yesterday.

Another word that comes to mind is IMAGINE. I derive that word from Ephesians 3:20-21, where Paul, under the leadership of the Holy Spirit records,

20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. (NIV)

What word would you use? Take a moment to respond to the comment section and let me know.

How To Leave a Comment: To leave a comment, please click on the word "Comment" right below. Please leave your comment, type in the word verification, then please select "Other" under the "Choose an Identity" prompt. There is no registration needed to leave a comment. Please enter your full name (you don't need to leave your webpage unless you have one and would like to). This way, we can know who the comment is from. All comments will be regulated before it appears, so your comment may not show up immediately. Thanks!!

10 comments:

fason is a dork. said...

Well, my initial though was "wow" as well. Good to see the basics of the English language are being passed down.

I think I actually said "wow, that was awesome" after worship. "Awesome" is a neat word in that it not only means magnificent and beautiful, it also can mean intimidating or terrifying. I don't tend to think of our "Awesome God" as terrifying although I know He has a terrifying and righteous wrath when tested. It's more a level of reverence and, well, awe. Awesome.

Anonymous said...

Momentum - I'm relatively new to CrossPoint, but I've never been a part of a fellowship that moves so powerfully in the right direction.

Momentum is defined as velocity multiplied by mass.

The mass of CrossPoint is obviously growing each month as we have more and more join our community of faith.

Velocity is not just speed, but the combination of speed and direction. The speed of CrossPoint is seen in how fast the church is growing, but the direction is the key. CrossPoint on a whole is growing closer to the heart of God. One couldn't ask for more from a fellowship of believers.

I'm just glad I'm a part of such a movement, and I never want it to slow down.

Anonymous said...

ENTHUSIASTIC. The root meaning of this word is "God-breathed" or "inspired by God."
Yesterday's worship celebration was certainly enthusiastic! But in a larger sense, CrossPointers are inspired by God to pursue his purpose, and we are doing just that. Our worship is God-breathed. Our encouragement of each other is God-breathed. Our preaching, teaching, and disciple-making is God-breathed. We are learning to embrace God's best in all we are and all we do. I'm thankful for CrossPoint and its God-breathed love or "whosoever." Yes, we are still learning, and I'm glad we are doing so with enthusiasm.

Anonymous said...

My word would be "Humbling". I was humbled by all that God has done on this piece of land that He has led us to. I was humbled by the worship because I felt God's presence. I was humbled by God's message to us; INAM, Just one more, and being Connected. He has called each one of us to experience what He has put together at CrossPoint and that humbles me to think I am a part of it. It was very exciting but very humbling to be there Sunday and to realize that God did all of that just for us. And it is humbling to realize that this is just the beginning of what God can do as long as we keep our focus on Him.
Roxie

Anonymous said...

Sunday was a great day of worship. Everything from the music to the sermon was great. I am so glad that you included INAM. If it were not for God's grace we would not have experienced what we did. I am thankful for our church and that we were some of the ones that stood who were not there on the first Sunday at Crosspoint. We have been there for 2 years and are loving it. We love it that we have a pastor who preaches truth. We pray that we keep the main thing the main thing. TO GOD BE THE GLORY-GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!! Gay

Anonymous said...

I think significant is my word to describe One Big Worship and here is why…

Upon looking the meaning of the word up this is what I found
1. Meaningful – That I think is an under statement
2. Communicating secret meaning – The secret is the building is not for us but for those whom we have not yet met…More than likely the world will perceive it is for us…but we know it isn’t
3. Momentous and influential – I think that Sunday was a momentous day…possibly even a turning point for our church…It was an awesome experience to worship as one congregation. I believe we will worship as one big church in one big worship center soon…
4. Substantial – Our crowd was defiantly substantial. We have come this far since 2003…Imagine by 2010
5. Occurring not merely by chance – Need I say more…It was defiantly a God thing!

JenB said...

It's so hard to use only one word to describle what Sunday was all about! All Sunday afternoon, I kept thinking "THAT WAS AMAZING!". The music was AMAZING! The excitement of the people was AMAZING! The spirit of God in that gym was AMAZING! LaToya's song, Wes singing the lead on "Can't Stop Praising",and hearing all the voices of CrossPoint in unison lifting up the name of God in praise was absolutely AMAZING! It made me hunger for more. It made me proud to be one of the VERY FEW CrossPointers who were present that first Sunday we opened, and very proud to see where we were, where we are, and dream about where God will take us! None of what happened Sunday was even fathomable to us when CrossPoint first started! But it was the Lord's plan...and I can't wait to be a part of what HE has planned for CrossPoint next!

Anonymous said...

CrossPoint has many articulate individuals. I am impressed with every comment. Your WORDS nailed it. Thank you for helping me express what God did last weekend. Again, all I can say is WOW!

Anonymous said...

I have one word - ubiquitous

by

Mr. DQ

Les said...

Missed!

I almost cried when the text message came across my phone and I had leave to go to work.