Thursday, August 30, 2007

530 and Counting!!

The Student Ministry of CrossPoint is literally soaring to new heights. Last night, a record-setting crowd of 530 students were in Sublime.

Make sure you note that number—530!

That is unprecedented.

This growth spurt has been building for some time. Jason informed me back at the beginning of the summer he could see this coming. Boy was he right.

Jason Motte and his team of leaders are making a huge impact for the kingdom of God in our area. What makes this record-setting night so special is not so much the number, although that is exceedingly great. What makes this night so important is how much the truth of God’s Word is being communicated to these students.

Many of you heard Jason preach for me last July while I was on vacation. Thus you know how solid he is in his preaching and his theology. When Jason speaks, he speaks from God’s Word. Jason is a fun guy and he enjoys laughing and cutting up with students. However, when it comes time to preach Jason preaches the truth. He does not water down his message with cute little stories. Neither does he weaken the truth with high-powered emotionalism. Jason, in many respects, is a theologian who knows how to relate the truth of God’s Word to the life of a teenager.

I am in awe with what God is doing in our student ministry and within our church. We expect to open the second building of Phase II in a very short period of time. The Student Worship Center, which has an estimated capacity of 450 is already too small. This makes me wonder if the rest of the building we think is so big is also getting smaller.

That’s a good problem to have, isn’t it?

Please pray for Jason Motte, his team of leaders and the students in our community who are being exposed to the good news of Jesus Christ.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!If I had not seen it with my own eyes I would not believe it!! I have litterally witnessed an explosion of God's Spirit in our youth department. The neat thing is that it doesnt stop outside the church building walls. The Spirit of God has soooo infiltrated my families life it knocks my socks off!! I stand back in awe and watch my children 'working and harvesting the field'. Oh to have had the boldness of Christ at their age. To see them cross names off of lists of their unsaved friends makes me weep with joy! Isn't this how a revival starts...well I think it has. Won't you be a part of the AWAKENING?!?!
i had to do anonymous cause i am stupid at doing this blogger stuff..oh well Debbie Burdette =)

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That is awesome!! I am amazed how on fire our youth are. That is a good thing since there is so much going on this world that is negative.
As I keep getting told by people that know Jason they say we are very lucky to have him. And I believe them too!
Man that is "AWESOME" in the numbers we had Wednesday Night!!
Oh by the way did Vaughn Harris wear what he said he would if they had 400 or 500 to show up for Sublime?
I Love what God is doing at Crosspoint you can see it everyday!
I Love my God and my Church!!!

Anonymous said...

OK anonymous, you asked for it. I personally dont have any pics, but I felt that half the crowd was papparazi when I unveiled the wrestling suit. Yes, and if you have kids in there, I will be praying for them this week. They are scarred!!

On a serious note, 530 people did not show up to see me. They came to meet with Jesus. They came because they're so passionate about seeing their friends come to Christ. They came expecting the God that parted the Red Sea, the God that delivered 3 men from a feiry furnace, the God that delivered Daniel form a lions den, to deliver their friends from sin and resuce their souls from eternal damnation. Thats what its all about!! It had nothing to do with me, God alone gets the glory, credit and praise!!!


BTW, anonymous, who are you?

Les said...

GOD was there! and I am so blessed to have been there to witness. volunteering with the students and Jason has been an amazing part of my walk and growth. If you have never been chalenged by a teenager to live for God I think you have never been chalenged. All I can say is if you are afraid to exsperience God you will be terified in that room. If you have ever seen the movie Forest Gump? Think to the part where Lt. Dan is on the mast of the shrimp boat yelling at God, Forest then says "And then he showed up" that is what it is like.