Monday, July 30, 2007

Vacation Thanks

Wow, I have so much to write about and many people to thank as I return from vacation.

First, I want to thank the choice people of CrossPoint for allowing me some much needed time off. I needed the break, and now I am ready to return to the weekly routine of preaching God’s Word and casting God’s vision for CrossPoint.

I want to express gratitude to Mandi Logan and Jason Motte for writing my blog in my absence. I knew they would do an excellent job. Well done. You inspired us.

As for John Thweatt, I have issued a LIFETIME BAN from JUSTONEMORE.INFO as well as from the CrossPoint campus. He will never be allowed, ever again, to write in my absence or to preach for my people. He is a reprobate, and we should pray for him to some day be saved.

As for Vaughn Harris, his blogs were most insightful. I especially appreciated his video from John Piper. We are both big Piper fans. However, when he used his pastor’s blog to write sweet, syrupy, and mushy things about his wife, then that is where I had to draw the line. I have no problem with a man bragging about his wife; other men would be wise to follow Vaughn’s example. His using my blog to do that kind of thing got me in some hot water with my wife, nonetheless. Immediately, she inquired why I have never written about her. Vonda said, “You’ve written about your kids, about your church, and I think even about your mother, but you have never written anything about me on your blog.”

Thanks a lot, Vaughn.

Indoor Picnic

What did you think about the indoor picnic? CrossPoint showed her true colors when she kicked into Plan B and moved the picnic indoors. Aren’t you thankful we have the new dining hall to accommodate our growing family?

Wasn’t it awesome to witness 10 new believers professed their faith in Christ through baptism?

And, for those who took the tour, what did you think about the second building in our Phase II project?

The building is awesome, isn’t it? The more I tour the facility, the more I see it’s potential. Get ready CrossPoint, the moment we open the building we will never be the same.

Poem

I promised to provide you the poem from yesterday’s message yesterday. Every time I read it, I am reminded of how God used those thoughts in my life in 1998. I trust it influences you as well.

When God Wants to Drill a Man
Author Unknown

When God wants to drill a man,
and thrill a man;
When God wants to mold a man
to the play the noblest part;
when He yearns with all His heart
to create so great and bold a man
that all the world should be amazed
Watch His methods, watch His ways!

How He ruthlessly perfects
whom He royally elects!

How He hammers him and hurts him
and with mighty blows converts him
into trial shapes of clay which
only God understands;
while his tortured heart is crying
And he lifts beseeching hands!

How He bends but never breaks
when His good he undertakes;
how He uses who He chooses;
and with every purpose fuses him;
by every act induces him
to try His splendor out—
God knows what He’s about.

And, finally…

I am curious. Who is going to fast this week? And, what are you fasting? I want to hear from you AFTER your fast, so that it may be done in secret. Remember, the reward is MORE…not less.

No comments: