Friday, July 20, 2007

Blessed to be a Blessing

posted by Dr. John Thweatt, Lead Pastor of First Baptist Church in Pell City, AL
I have been talking to you about missions. I think one of the greatest things about getting out of our culture is seeing just how blessed we really are. God has given us so much and to whom much is given much is expected. I don't think we should ever feel bad about being blessed, but we should realize that we are not blessed to be blessed--we are blessed to be a blessing.

John said, "But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth." I want to close my time as a guest blogger with a shocking set of photo's. I can tell you the world around us is hurting and in the midst of thier suffering there are people looking for love and we have the greatest love to share. God's love is so great that He would rather die to have us than to live without us--what will we do with a love like that? The only thing I know to do it to share it. It is just too good to keep to ourselves.







No comments: