Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Greetings from Berea, Kentucky

I have been super busy since last Sunday afternoon. Thus, I have not been able to spend time keeping up with my blog.

It’s 9:30 PM Tuesday, June 12, and I have finally settled into my hotel room in Berea, KY. For those of you who do not know, CrossPoint is constructing (actually deconstructing and then constructing) a new building for Pilot Knob Baptist Church.

There are many CrossPointers participating on this trip. The best time of the day is when we all return to the hotel after super. Check out what was waiting on me when I entered my room. I knew something was up when Melissa Freeman told me they reserved the honeymoon suite particularly for me.


I guess you can see the surprise on my face. Start praying now for John Coon, Charlie Jones, Rodney Meeks, Danny Freeman and Jason Hatley. Better yet, please begin praying for their wives. Something is not right with those guys.

Speaking of surprises, I met a new CrossPointer today at lunch. I do not recall her name. She was a very nice woman. Play close attention to her hat. She told me she found it at a garage sale.


Do any of you recognize her? Do any of you know her name? If so, let me know so we can get her a nametag.

I hope to post some construction pictures as soon as I receive some this week. Please continue to pray for us. Our plans took a detour Tuesday when we discovered we would have to demolish the exterior walls of an existing building that we thought would remain in place.

3 comments:

mandi said...

Looks like a lot of fun! The nice woman you met sure looks like she could be Helen Dickman's sister!
LOL

Anonymous said...

I agree with Mandi she could pass for Helen Dickman's sister. Our prayers are with you pastor for surviving that bunch.
Be safe and careful!!

Anonymous said...

I think the two of you are on to something!