Monday, February 19, 2007

10,000 Hallelujahs!

Wow, what an incredible day we had at CrossPoint today. I do not know the final numbers, but if the 8:15 AM crowd is any indication of our total attendance, we certainly set a new, all-time record. Steve Parr confirmed for me before we left the campus that we had 600+ adults in Bible study. That record, alone, will push us close to 1000.

I am so proud of you for CONNECTING WITH GOD and then for CONNECTING WITH GOD’S PEOPLE this morning. Those are the first two steps toward living the disciple-oriented life in Christ. Of course, the third and fourth steps include CONNECTING WITH GOD’S PLAN and then helping JUST ONE MORE to find a way to CONNECT.

So, tell me what you think of the new building? Do you like it? What about the new classrooms; are they big enough for you? It is an awesome facility, isn’t it? What did you think of the new gathering area? I hear we will have a brand new coffee bar set up there very, very soon.

I am also curious to hear about the new way we have exiting the worship center. We are doing that to relieve some of the major congestion we are experiencing at the front entrance.

Seriously, give me your judgment of the day. I want to know what you think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dining hall and kitchen are #1. We ate lunch with everyone else on Saturday and really enjoyed it. I took a look around the kitchen and thought that I could do some serious cooking in there. The new building is awesome too, especially the gathering area. Nice and big.

Jason

Anonymous said...

I was really pumped up yesterday! If was the first Sunday for the Real Life Real Marriage class to meet! It was an exciting experience to be able to connect with more of God's people. The new building is beautiful and spacious. It felt great to have actually have room to socialize before class started!

I am excited about what God has in store for Crosspoint and find myself even more excited about the possibilities of next Sunday!

I am also excited about the new coffee bar! The hot chocolate is sure to be a hit for all of us non-coffee drinkers!

Lisa Gray

Anonymous said...

The new building is wonderful! I love the wider hallways so we are not bumping into each other! There was so much hard work that went into that building that God blessed us with. I want it to always be used to serve his purpose and never ours. I love CrossPoint!!!
The kitchen is state of the art too. It will be used and enjoyed for many years to come.

JenB said...

There was definatly an excitement in the air on Sunday! We had a record attendance in Family Ties class this week. On average we run about 35 in class, but this week we had 51!!!!! It was awesome to have our new and BIGGER room to fit everyone in (I don't know how we would have done it in our old class!!) Everyone loved the cool coffee machine too. Overall, it was a great day! Praise Be To God for all HE has done!

Anonymous said...

The new building rocks!!! I'll have to agree with Jenny that the Family Ties class was awesome Sunday, as is every Sunday!!! While I'm speaking of Family Ties (insert shameless plug here), if you're looking for a well rounded Bible study group where you'll laugh, learn, connect with God's people (and connect with some really good food), I challenge you to go to the bottom floor of the new building, follow your ears to the noisiest room down there, the last room on the left. If you dont like it, come back next week and give it another shot!!

Anonymous said...

God is good!!! Had a great time in the Open Door class Sunday. Good fellowship and a good attendence. Always room for more. Looking forward to filling it up this year.
The worship has also been a wonderful experience too. To God goes all the glory.Amen
Richard K

Anonymous said...

Wow, thank you for the great comments. I agree, God is doing some great things at, with, through and for CrossPoint.