Saturday, May 13, 2006

OK, I'm Addicted!!

I have a huge admission to make. I am addicted to blogging.

Three months ago Vaughn Harris approached me about starting my own weblog (aka, blog). For those of you who do not know, Vaughn is the guy that jams on the Hammond B-3 organ each Sunday with the praise band. He said he would build it, organize it and maintain it; all I had to do was write it.

At first, I was apprehensive. Pride crept in. I asked myself, “Why would anyone want to read a daily writing from me? Who do I think I am composing something interesting or worthwhile? Is my ego so big that I think the world would be a better place because of what I have to say?”

Then trepidation seeped in. My writing would be scrutinized, analyzed and criticized by you and anyone else brave enough to read it. (Oh how I wish I had paid more attention to Mrs. Sara Swindoll in English at W.A. Berry High School. For that matter, I wish I had listened more to Mrs. Moore, Mrs. Wilson, and others throughout my years of education.)

Next, I asked a trusted pastor friend his opinion. He wrinkled his nose and asked, “Why?”

“I think it would be a great way to stay in touch with my people,” I retorted.

He mumbled, “Hmm! Sounds like a waste of time to me.” Nothing else was said.

Even though I was apprehensive at first, I am now on fire. I love it. I am addicted to it. I wake up each morning with another blog on my mind. I feel like justonemore.info gives me another avenue to preach and teach. And you know how I am about having more time to preach and teach!

With that said, I have a simple request. Will you help me (and Vaughn) spread the word about justonemore.info? I see the Lord using this tool in incalculable ways. And, as you spread the word, please keep returning each day by offering your comments. Your remarks motivate me, and in return, I want to motivate you.

Here’s to blogging!

No comments: