Friday, May 19, 2006

Best Part of the Day

How do you begin your day? I suggest the way you begin your day determines how you spend your day. When I waste my morning with haste and hurry, I usually lose my way in the chaos of the day. However, when I invest my morning with the Lord, He usually has my attention throughout the day.

I try to begin every day with the Lord. It is usually the first thing I do—that is, after I take our dog out to run around in the yard for his morning routine.

Beginning my day with the Lord is the best part of my day. A few mornings ago the Lord encouraged me to start meditating on Psalm 34:1-4. David writes:

I will extol the LORD at all times;
his praise will always be on my lips.
My soul will boast in the LORD;
let the afflicted hear and rejoice.
Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.



The next few mornings take five minutes to meditate on this passage. Try these three exercises, and then tell me what the Lord says to you through His Word.
First, take a day or two to memorize the passage. Next, start reciting the passage the first thing each morning as well as throughout your day. As you recite the passage from memory, start searching for the one word or phrase that makes the strongest impression. Finally, after chewing on the passage a few days in a row, identify the specific lesson you learned from your meditation and then write in one sentence what God wants you to do with what you learned.

I look forward to hearing from you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The words/phrase that left the biggest impression for me were at all times and always...I think my lesson learned is this needs to be my life path...if I praise Him at all times (in good and bad times)...walk the walk and talk the talk...others (the afflicted) will see Him in me...they will want what I have...